For the fifth consecutive season and the fourteenth time under head coach Doug Ramsey, the Elder Panthers have qualified for the Ohio High School Athletic Association Division 1 Football Playoffs. The Panthers finished the 2016 regular season with a 6-4 record and accumulated 21.0 Harbin points which was good enough for a sixth place finish in Region 4.
The Panthers will go on the road in the opening round of the playoffs to face the 3rd seeded Mason Comets at Mason’s Atrium Stadium on Friday, November 4 at 7:30 PM.
Tickets will be on sale this week at Elder for the game:
- Tuesday, November 1: Elder Students can purchase tickets during all lunch periods. (Make arrangements with a current Elder student in your neighborhood.)
- Tuesday, November 1: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM – Tickets on sale to the General Public in the Ticket Office located in the Elder Memorial Fieldhouse
- Wednesday, November 2: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Tickets on sale to the General Public and Students in the Ticket Office located in the Elder Memorial Fieldhouse
- Thursday, November 3: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Friday, November 4: 10:30 AM to 12:45 PM (Updated)
Per OHSAA rules, all tickets for the game are $8 pre-sale and will be $9 at the gate. Please purchase your tickets at Elder, as the school retains a portion of tickets sold there. Children age 5 and younger will be admitted free.
Mason Parking Map:
The Prep Sports Radio Network broadcast can be hard on the following AM and FM stations:
- AM 740 WNOP, Delhi
- AM 910 WPFB, Middletown
- FM 89.5 WHSS, Hamilton
Internet streams can also be found on:
Radio and Internet broadcast begins at 7:00 PM.
Per OHSAA football tournament regulations, there will be no live video stream of the game.
Message from Mason High School Principal Mr. Dave Hyatt:
Dear Elder Football Families & Fans,
We look forward to welcoming you to Dwire Field at Atrium Stadium this Friday at 7:30pm when the Comets take on the Elder Panthers in the playoffs! Both teams have worked hard to get here, and it should be a great game!
Please abide by OHSAA regulations and Mason School Board policy regarding tailgating at school-sponsored events. “The sale of, the distribution of, or the consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is not permitted at the site of any contest involving OHSAA member schools” (OHSAA). Alcohol has no place at high school athletic contests and other events, whether in parking lots or the stadium. Violators of the no-alcohol policy will be subject to removal from the campus or athletic venue, and may be subject to legal consequences. We have asked Mason High School fans to also follow these regulations.