1. Where did you attend high school?
Covington Catholic High School 1994
2. Where did you attend college? What did you study?
Northern Kentucky University 1999 Business Education
3. What do you do for a living?
Teach Personal Finance, Accounting, & Advanced Accounting at
4. Tell us about your family.
I come from a teaching and coaching family. Both my parents are teachers and my dad is a high school basketball coach. My brother teaches and coaches high school basketball. Pretty much known books and basketball my whole life. My wife, Kristen, is a teacher in the Oak Hills School District and she is a former girls high school soccer/basketball coach. She was a great athlete in high school playing and excelling in soccer, basketball, & softball. She had scholarship offers for college in basketball but played fast-pitch softball in college. We have 3 children 2 girls and a boy: Kelsey who is 9, Ethan 7, and Kamryn 8 months. We reside in Delhi and attend St. Dominic Parish.
5. Why did you get into coaching?
I tried other occupations but missed working with young people,
seeing them grow and develop as players and people. I enjoy the
competition and the strategy as well.
6. Why are you here at Elder?
I played against Elder when I was at Covington Catholic and we never beat Elder and Coach Schoenfeld. I have admired the school and program ever since. I can’t put it into words, but there is something special about Elder and I wanted to be a part of that, to experience it and have my family be a part of it as well. I guess it is the spirit of the people who make up Elder. It is special.
7. What has been your favorite moment as a coach?
1) Winning state at Lexington Catholic in 2002
2) Winning the 43rd District at Lexington Catholic in
3) Beating St. Xavier in 2011 for Coach Schoenfeld’s 300.
8. What was your favorite moment as a player?
1)Beating Covington Holmes 56-55 to win the 9th Region Tournament in 1992 to go to State
2) Beating Kentucky Wesleyan in 1995 in 3OT 100-99 to win the GLVC @ NKU
3)Hitting the game winner vs. Cal-State Bakersfield in 1996 Elite 8 NCAA Tournament
9. Besides basketball what is your favorite sport?
10. What is your hobby?
I like to read books about history or biographies and watching
11. If you could attend any sporting event, what would you pick?
NCAA Division 1 Final Four
12. What coach (any sport, any level) would you like to have a one on one conversation with?
John Wooden and Tom Izzo.
13. Who has been the greatest influence on your life?
14. What is your favorite quote?
“To whom much has been given, much is to be expected. To whom much has been entrusted, even more will be demanded.” Luke 12:48
15. What is the best game you have ever witnessed?
16. What is the best game you have ever been in as a player?
1996 Cal-State Bakersfield